April Ludgate is one of the leading fictional characters in Parks and Recreation, a comedy hosted by NBC. The actual human being to portray the character is Aubrey Christina Plaza, a brunette. An attraction for all macabre things and an ostentatious astuteness on sarcasm are the essence of April Ludgate quotes which have made April Ludgate a lovable character most of all. April Roberta Ludgate-Dwyer, the full name, characterizes deliberately impassive humor and gothic manner.
The beauty of April Ludgate quotes
A lot of fans confessed that April could stop them on their ways to home or office with nothing but a glare. She is even mightier enough to cut fans of Parks and Recreation fans down with her quotes. Sometimes, April may seem cold, creepy and cynical. Sure, all these adjectives apply to her quotes as well.
Here is a list of April Ludgate quotes pertaining to her contrasting and sarcastic viewpoints of persons, animals, foods, relationship and nature.
About animals and people
April told this while caressing a little puppy.
- “They should be rewarded, for not being people.”
- “I hate people.”
About the nature
April was talking about a specific location.
- “I don’t even want to be here.”
- “The air is so fresh. It’s disgusting.”
- “I can’t breathe.”
About relationship, cynicism and wrongdoing:
- “It’s not mean if he doesn’t know about it. It’s like talking about people behind their backs. Everybody wins!”
- “But at least I didn’t make any new friendships.”
- “Because I really don’t care what happens to them or anyone.”
- “I love games that turn people against each other.”
- “Sorry, my instinct is to be mean to you.”
April Ludgate quotes insulting or mocking people
- “Hey, Ann, are you still a nurse or did they fire you because you slept with all the doctors?”
- “We have a couple of house rules, though. You can’t use the front door; you have to climb in through the back window. No personal phone conversations. If you ever speak to me in Spanish, please use the formal “usted.” And no electricity after 6:00 PM. A couple more rules: if you ever watch a sad movie, you have to wear mascara so we can see whether or not you’ve been crying. There’s no noise allowed on Mondays. And no TV after breakfast.”
- “I don’t know who Ann Taylor is but I hate her and want to kill her.”
About music and food
- “To be perfectly honest, Mouserat’s music is not my thing. I really only listen to like German death reggae, Halloween sound effects from the 1950s, and Bette Midler. Obviously.”
- “I’ll have a glass of your most expensive red wine mixed with a glass of your cheapest white wine served in a dog bowl. Silly straws all around, please.”
- “But then I remembered that alcohol existed.”
- “Time is money; Money is power; Power is pizza; Pizza is knowledge. Let’s go!”
How do April Ludgate quotes convey important career lessons?
Throughout the series, April spent a lot of time in learning through her mistakes and looking for desired career. In real life, many people can relate to these two activities. Here is what April’s quotes have presented something fruitful for our career.
- Carefulness while you are on the Internet.
- Acknowledgement of mistakes.
- Being what you really are.
- Merit of changing your mind.
- Being bold enough to explore what you are interested in.
In fine, Aubrey Plaza while playing the character delivered many April Ludgate quotes of which some are so relatable to our practical life that we may not need to go any further than her quotes as we deal with animals, people, career and relationships.